Papalote’s Mission District Burrito menu showcases the flavors and aromas of this historic part of San Francisco, which celebrates the City’s Latino community. Chili Verde Burritos come with tender chunks of pork cooked in a tangy, green tomatillo and serrano pepper sauce, black beans, Spanish rice, and Papalote Roasted Tomato Salsa in a flour tortilla.
Papalote Heating Instructions:
Start with a frozen burrito right out of the freezer.
• Preheat oven to 400º F.
• Leave the burrito in foil and place it on an oven-safe tray lined with aluminum foil.
• Heat in the oven for 60 minutes, rotating every 20 minutes.
• Turn the oven off, remove the tray from the oven, and carefully unwrap the burrito (it’ll be very hot). Place the burrito back on the tray and back in the oven to let it rest for 15 minutes; the lingering heat will give the tortilla a nice texture. This is the ideal time to melt some shredded cheese such as pepper jack or cheddar on top of your burrito.
• Remove the foil and place the burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a paper towel and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Let rest for a minute or two, flip over, and continue cooking for 3 more minutes.
• After you microwave your burrito, we recommend you place it on a preheated non-stick pan on low-medium heat and cook for at least 2 minutes, rotating every 30 seconds until golden brown or desired texture is achieved. This is an ideal time to melt some shredded cheese such as pepper jack or cheddar on top of your burrito.
NOTE: Rotating and resting will allow for the heat to distribute evenly and reach the middle of the burrito. We recommend an internal cooking temperature of 165º F.
Serving suggestions: Melt some of your favorite cheese on your burrito and top it with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, freshly chopped onions, or tomatoes. To fully transport your taste buds to a sunny afternoon in the San Francisco Mission District, pour a generous amount of your favorite variety of Papalote Salsa all over your burrito. ¡Buen provecho!
Ingredients: Chili Verde, Black Beans, Rice, Papalote Roaster Salsa, Flour Tortilla