Casa Sanchez SF has been offering salsa and tortilla chips to the San Francisco Bay Area since the mid 1920’s using Great Grandma and Grandpa Sanchez’s recipes from Mexico.
Our products are all locally made by the Sanchez family and our staff using all natural ingredients. We offer a line of FDA Certified Organic products and we deliver fresh in our fleet of trucks.
The History of Casa Sanchez
Roberto and Isabel Sanchez came to the U.S in the early 1900’s from Mexico. They opened the very first mechanized tortilla factory in Northern California and sold tortillas by the pound, wrapped in paper tied with string. Through hard work and the help of their three children; Juliana, Robert Jr. and Lupe, the business grew to a wholesale mexicatessen. Tortillas were delivered by the hundreds in International diesel station wagons. In the 1960’s, Club Sanchez helped pioneer San Francisco’s FIllmore district jazz scenes.
Then, Robert Sanchez Jr. fell in love & married his most intelligent and hard worker, Martha. Soon their 5 children grew up, and into the business they went. Jimmy the baby was the inspiration for the Casa Sanchez logo “Jimmy the Cornman”. The eldest Robert III collected dozens of honors including Business Man of the year by the Chamber of Commerce. Bob expanded the business into a top ten highest grossing business in San Francisco. Now the fourth generation Robert Aranda is responsible for helping Casa Sanchez in its expansion and opening the doors for the fifth generation not far behind.