Mary's Free-Range Geese are raised on healthful grains and have access to natural outdoor spaces year-round in the beautiful California weather. Their high-protein vegetarian diet combined with natural forage provides great nutrition, allowing the geese to grow more slowly and resulting in fantastic flavor for a truly classic, memorable holiday feast.
- No Antibiotics Ever
- No Preservatives or Additives
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Thaw goose in the refrigerator—this can take 24 hours or more depending on your fridge temp.
- Pat goose dry inside and out, and (optional) remove any excess fat as well as the wing tips. Preheat oven to 325°.
- While oven heats, rub goose with salt and pepper inside and out, and stuff the cavity with your favorite combination of celery, chopped onion, lemon halves, garlic, carrots, orange, and aromatic herbs (rosemary, thyme, sage, bay leaves, and parsley are all great options). Prick the skin all over with the point of a skewer or a sharp knife.
- Set seasoned goose breast-side up in a deep roasting pan or a large cast-iron and add to the hot oven.
- Roast, basting every 20-30 min until internal temp reads 165° and skin is beautifully browned—about 1.5-2 hours for a large goose. Let rest, and then enjoy with gravy and your favorite sides!